My Blog List

Friday 20 September 2013

Inspiring Books

Lately, I have been reading a range of life guide/self help books. I like to read them because of three main reasons:

1) They remind me to appreciate the small things in life. 

2) They remind me to follow my heart and my passions

3) They remind me that I am enough.

In a nutshell, they help me feel better and to be more positive about life despite times of trouble and doubt. Being positive is such an important part of living a wholesome and healthy life, thus I am striving towards it.  To be honest, I am sure my Christian friends would just say, why don't you read the Bible? I've tried to read the Bible several times, but certain elements really do not touch me in the way that I feel it should. I have told myself to give it another serious try though. The thing is, the Bible doesn't touch everyone if you don't allow it in. Whereas, I have found that these life lesson books are very straight-forward, easy to absorb and makes a lot of sense; making you really want to follow the way of life that is outlined.

The books that I have been reading are considered as some of the books which you must read in your life. For example, The Alchemist, Tuesdays with Morrie, etc. Reviews and reflections of them shall come henceforth. I often read something inspiring and then I will forget it in due course, so in an attempt to learn and apply the lessons from my reading to my life, I shall blog the important points from the books.

Maybe you could also apply some of these points to your own life too!


No comments:

Post a Comment