My Blog List

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Church of St Anne. Krakow.

I had a flashback today, back to last summer when I embarked on a thrilling but tiring trip around Europe with my lovely boyfriend. We stumbled across a variety of special treasures in so many places, and one of those places that I thought about today was this dainty little church in Krakow. Those of you who have been to any city in Europe would know that we just don't have enough churches around! *Sarcasm..* I have been to my fair share of churches in my life and in our Europe trip we went also went to SO many churches and cathedrals. When I climbed up the steps to this one here, little did I expect to find a true palace of God's beauty. This was definitely the most gorgeous church I have ever stepped into in my life.

I was taken aback by the details of the intricately created artwork. I astounded by the number of pretty gold and white angels in every angle of the church. I loved that it was that it was so bright and white in the interior; something that is special to find in old churches around Europe. The colours in the interior were a mixture of pale pink, pale blue and creamy white; such peaceful and gentle colours. The bright summer sun was shining into the center. I truly felt like I was near heaven. 

As I sat there admiring, I wondered whether I would ever return to Krakow to see this place again. I wondered would I be able to get married inside a church as beautiful as this. I wondered what it was like to praise God in this little gem. 

This church reasonated with me for the whole trip. It was definitely my highlight of Krakow. After seeing the horrors of the frightening Jew Camps, this was a delight and unexpected find. Something that truly brightened up my experience of Poland. So if you ever get the chance to go to Krakow, make sure you take a peek at this beauty. It's nothing like no other, I promise you will enjoy the beauty of this place. 

Oh, and I never found out the name of this church until now. I thought I'd never be able to find it again in my life. It was actually so easy to find; all I had to type into google was "Prettiest Churches in Krakow"!

This place is called the Church of St. Anne.








No comments:

Post a Comment